Based on the rapidly evolving situation with the coronavirus, and the recommendations announced by the city and state yesterday, we have decided that it will be best to cancel the Holliday Park Trail Run. After discussing a variety of options among our event committee and with Indy Parks staff, ultimately we decided we do not want to put our sponsors, participants or volunteers at risk.
We considered a number of options for rescheduling later this year, but due to the nature of our trails and other scheduling issues, determined that is not a practical option.
If you have pre-registered, we appreciate your support of the park through your participation in the Trail Run. The registration fees for this event are typically non-refundable and make up a significant percentage of our fundraising efforts. These funds allow Friends of Holliday Park to support park programs and amenities throughout the year. We hope that you will consider your registration as a donation to the park. However, because these are extenuating circumstances, we are working with our event registration company on the possibility of offering refunds to those that inquire.
If you purchased a race shirt during the registration process, they will be available for pickup at the nature center front desk beginning March 23.
Thank you for your understanding and flexibility, and we hope you’ll join us again for the 2021 Holliday Park Trail Run.
The Friends of Holliday Park
Questions? Email: Abarnes@HollidayPark.org
- 5-mile Trail Run (ages 10 and up) — Runners begin at 9:30 a.m.
- 3-mile Trail Ramble (ages 10 and up) — Hikers begin at 9:30 a.m.
- 1-mile Trail Run/Hike (ages 6-12) – begins at 10:45 a.m.
- Tot Trot (ages 5 and under) – begins at 10:55 a.m.
- Free Kids Zone featuring climbing wall, crafts, games and more!
- Hospitality Tent for Race Participants
- Event Management by Tuxedo Brothers
- Special rates available for track and cross country teams. For more information call 317-475-9482
- PROCEEDS BENEFIT EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AND PROJECTS AT HOLLIDAY PARK!
Registration and T-shirt Pick Up
Pre-race registration and T-shirt pick up will be in the Holliday Park Nature Center on Friday, March 20 from 3:30-5:30 p.m.
Race day registration and packet pick up will be in the Holliday Park Nature Center from 8:00-9:15 a.m. Limited to 600–must be postmarked by Friday, March 13th.
You must be pre-registered by 4 p.m. Sunday, March 15, to be guaranteed a shirt and goodie bag. There will be no shirts available on race day.
EVENTS AND SCHEDULE–MARCH 21,2020
8:00-9:15 a.m……Registration at Holliday Park Nature Center
9:00 a.m…………..Child Care begins (reservations required, children must be at least 2 years old)
9:30 a.m…………..5-mile Trail Run (competitive) & 3-mile Trail Ramble
9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m….Kids Fitness Zone and Massage Tent
10:45 a.m…………1-mile Children’s Trail Run/Hike (ages 6-12)
10:55 a.m…………Tot Trot (ages 5 and under)
11:15 a.m…………Award Ceremony and Prize Drawing
Supervision will be provided during race events for children of participating parents. (Prior reservations required – limited to the first 50 children that are signed up)
Holliday Park, 6363 Spring Mill Road, Indianapolis. Race headquarters will be in the Nature Center. (See map.)
View the Course Map HERE!
- 5-mile Trail Run (runners only) . . . EARLY BIRD: $25.00 through Feb. 29th, $30 beginning March 1st (shirts available for additional charge)
- 3-mile Trail Hike (walkers only) . . . EARLY BIRD: $25.00 through Feb. 29th, $30 beginning March 1st (shirts available for additional charge)
- 5-mile Trail Run Race Day Registration (runners only) . . . $35.00
- 3-mile Trail Hike Race Day Registration (walkers only) . . . $35.00
* No refunds. The event is rain or shine.
*EARLY BIRD Registrants will be invited to a private pre-race trail running workshop hosted by Athletic Annex and ON Running Shoes!