FRIDAY, MARCH 19 and SATURDAY, MARCH 20, 2021
About the Event
The Holliday Park Trail Run consists of a 3 Mile Trail Hike & 5 Mile Trail Run route through the woods at Holliday Park. Participants will start at Holliday Park and travel to Marott Park and back. This trail has obstacles, ravines, and rugged terrain and stairs.
NEW THIS YEAR! The 1-Mile Kids Run and Tot Trot events will be held Friday evening! Beginning at 6:00pm, parents can cheer on their kids as they race around the Ruins and along the trails, and every finisher gets a prize! Once the races are over, everyone is invited to stick around and enjoy a bonfire and pre-packaged s’mores!
Runners only for the 5 Mile Trail Run. Must be able to finish in 1 hr 10 minutes
We do not allow dogs at this event.
Proceeds benefit educational programs and projects at Holliday Park.
Health/Safety Information and Race Changes for 2021
Holliday Park and Tuxedo Brothers Event Management are excited to host the Holliday Park Trail Run, but want to make sure every participant, volunteer and spectator is comfortable and safe. With this in mind, we will be implementing several health and safety guidelines for this year’s event:
- Crowd management at Packet Pickup, with markings for 6′ spacing.
- There will be no Packet Pickup or registration on race day.
- Masks are mandatory until you have begun competing and need to be put back on once you cross the finish line.
- Participants will begin the race in smaller waves.
- Volunteers will be required to wear masks, and volunteers handling any race items are required to wear gloves.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Pre/Post-race announcements will be made to enforce social distancing.
- Children’s events will be moved to Friday evening.
- There will be no childcare offered during the race.
- There will be no post-race hospitality tent. Individually packaged post-race snacks will be available.
- Awards: First through Fifth place overall Men’s and Women’s winners will receive awards at the finish line.
Per the Health Department:
- Stay home if you are sick or are exhibiting any of the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, muscle pain or sore throat.
- Based on currently available information and clinical expertise, older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions (heart disease, chronic lung disease, asthma, etc.) might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 and should not attend the Event.
- An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present.
- COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death.
Friday Evening: Children’s Events:
4:00-7:30 PM: Packet Pickup (there will be no Packet Pickup on race morning)
6:00 PM: 1-Mile Trail Run/Hike (ages 6-12)
6:30 PM: Tot Trot
6:00-7:30 PM: Campfire and S’mores for all participants
Saturday Morning: 5-Mile Run and 3-Mile Hike
** Please do not report to the starting area until 10 minutes prior to your wave.
** Family members may run together, please register for the slower wave.
** There will be no Packet Pickup or Registration on race morning
9:00 AM: First Wave: 6:30-8:30 minute mile pace
9:15 AM: Second Wave: 8:31-10:00 minute mile pace
9:30 AM: Third Wave: 10:01-11:30 minute mile pace
9:45 AM: Fourth Wave: 11:31+ minute mile pace
10:00 AM: 3-Mile Trail Hike Begins
9:30-11:30 AM: Post-race refreshments available
- 5-Mile Trail Run (runners only) . . . EARLY BIRD: $25.00 through Feb. 28, $30 March 1-18, $35 on March 19 (shirts available for additional charge through 3/14)
- 3-Mile Trail Hike (walkers only) . . . EARLY BIRD: $25.00 through Feb. 28, $30 March 1-18, $35 on March 19 (shirts available for additional charge through 3/14)
- NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION
- NO REFUNDS- your entry fee benefits the park. Thanks for your donation!
- The event is rain or shine
Children’s Activities: Friday, March 19
- 1-mile Trail Run/Hike, ages 6-12 (includes short-sleeve t-shirt if registered before 3/14) . . $16.00
- Tot Trot Run ages 5 and under . . . FREE
Race Shirts (additional cost, available for purchase through 3/14)
SUPER-SOFT RINGER T-SHIRT (Sizes XS-XXL): $22.00
YOUTH WHITE T-SHIRT (Sizes YS-YXL). Included in 1-mile registration, also available for purchase: $12.00
Packet Pickup and Race Day Registration
Packet pickup will take place at the Holliday Park Nature Center on Friday, March 19 from 3:30-7:30 PM.
THERE WILL BE NO PACKET PICKUP OR REGISTRATION ON RACE MORNING
Check Out Our Race Video!
Entries over the phone will not be accepted.
Thank you to our 2021 Sponsers!