FAQ and Guidelines
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to visit Holliday Park?
Nothing! It’s a free park that is open to the public. We hope to see you soon!
Are there shelters, outdoor restrooms or grills at Holliday Park?
Yes, there is one Pavilion shelter at Holliday Park, check out the Pavilion Rental Page for more details. Grills are not available at Holliday Park. Visitors may bring a grill from home; however, be prepared to take used coals home as there is no coal disposal available. A limited number of picnic tables are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Indoor restrooms are available during the Nature Center hours. Outdoor restrooms are available at the Ruins from April through October and at the Playgound Pavilion year-round.
Can I have a wedding at Holliday Park?
Yes! Check out the Rentals tab for details, options and fees.
What hours is the park open?
The park is open from dawn until dusk. The Nature Center is open Monday through Saturday from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Sunday from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Visit this link for more information on facility and outdoor rentals.
What do I do if I experience an emergency at Holliday Park?
Please call 911 for an emergency or a crime in progress. To report an incident after the fact, please call IMPD Park Rangers at 317-327-3811.
Can I host a photo shoot at Holliday Park?
Visitors are welcome to take photos at Holliday Park for their personal use.
Professional photographers need to complete a Commercial Video and Photo Shoot Agreement and return it to Holliday Park staff along with the applicable fee. Please call the nature center front desk at 327-7180 for more information.
Who do I talk to with concerns about special events like the Rock the Ruins Summer Concert Series?
The Park hosts special events throughout the year. If you have specific questions/comments/concerns, please reach out to Abarnes@hollidaypark.org
2021 Rock the Ruins Summer Concert Series- Informational Letter
- Holliday Park is an Indy Parks facility. All city ordinances and regulations apply.
- Please park only in designated areas.
- When using the hiking trails is it important to remain on the trails AT ALL TIMES in order to preserve and protect the plants and animals of the park.
- DO NOT leave valuables in your vehicles.
- The Holliday Park Nature Center is a smoke free facility.
- No food or drinks are allowed inside the Nature Center.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult when using the library.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times and are required to remain outside the Nature Center.
- Please stay on the walks when visiting the outdoor gardens.
- Please do not pick flowers or destroy plant materials.
- Lost and Found is located at the Information Desk in the Nature Center.